Friday, June 22, 2007

Meet Nora Roberts...

As you may have noticed, we love Nora Roberts at Piatkus!

However, many readers on this side of the Atlantic have never had an opportunity to meet Nora or hear her talk about her writing.

Luckily, Nora was gracious enough to allow us to interview her while she's been holidaying in Ireland (a place where all you Nora-readers know will always have a place in her heart).


To see this interview, please click here!


We'd be delighted to hear what you think. And let us know what your favourite Nora title is ... we'd love to hear from you!


Also, don't forget to look out for Nora's new book, High Noon, which is being published next month in July. Savannah’s top hostage negotiator, Police Lieutenant Phoebe MacNamara, found her calling at an early age when an unstable man broke into her family’s home, trapping and terrorising them for hours. But not everyone is enamoured of Phoebe’s charms. And when she’s grabbed by an unseen assailant and brutally assaulted in her own police station, Phoebe can’t help but be deeply shaken. Then threatening messages show up on her doorstep. Phoebe must discover just who this dangerous stalker is before he starts targeting her family to get to her…


To hear an exclusive interview with Nora talking about High Noon, click here: High Noon

To pre-order your copy of High Noon from Amazon, click here

To hear Nora talking about her last book, Angels Fall, click here

7 Comments:

At 12:05 pm, June 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Nora and her books. Can't wait for High Noon - looks good. Has anybody read it yet? My favourites have to be her In Death series. They are amazing.

 
At 4:39 pm, June 25, 2007, Blogger Donna said...

Well, I can't give anything away, Dobby, but you're in for a treat! High Noon is an original and is being published in the US at the same time as here in the UK/Commonwealth (next month in July) so make sure to get your hands on a copy to be one of the first readers to get a piece of the action!

And yes, her In Death series is really popular and incredibly gripping. She's so versatile as an author...I think many would pay for one percent of her talent! I hope you managed to view her interview...it's really interesting to hear her talk about her work.

 
At 1:54 pm, June 26, 2007, Blogger Natalie said...

I’ve yet to read any books by Nora Roberts- oh gosh another list of books to add to my TBR pile, things just keep on getting better and better! I also wanted to say that I received my copy of This Heart of mine this morning and as soon as I have finished reading my copy of Keri Arthur’s Dangerous Games (which is yet another series that LoveBytes has gotten me hooked on) SEP will be the next item from my pile to be read!!

Thank you once again Natalie

 
At 10:00 pm, June 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh Nora Roberts. What can I say - she has written sooo many books and most of them are keepers, for me. Favourite titles include Montana Sky, Hidden Riches, Homeport, Sacred sins, Brazen Virtue.

 
At 4:34 pm, June 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge J.D.Robb fan and enjoy the Nora Roberts stuff too, especially the Key series (can't remember the actual names of the books) and Blue Smoke. I really enjoyed watching the interview.

I do think she's a bit unfair to claim that she's Americanised romance by bringing it up to date though, suggesting that the British novel is one where the heroine is virginal and young and looking up to an older man. Not all British authors write Mill and Boon... or Jane Eyre for that matter!

Still, a fascinating insight into Nora Roberts - great interview. ;o) I can't wait for some more J.D. Robb stuff!

 
At 8:34 pm, June 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was thrilled to see and hear Nora speak. What a coup. How did you get that? Can hardly wait to read High Noon now. Just finished Montana sky in an all-night sitting. Loved those gals.
Hope High Noon is as good.
Becca

 
At 12:21 pm, July 02, 2007, Blogger Donna said...

Good to hear from you all and great to hear you enjoyed the interviews. Yes, it was really nice of Nora to share her holiday with us and allow her to interview her while she was in Ireland. She has so many fans outside of the US that it's great to be able to give those readers a chance to hear her speak.

I noticed that quite a few of you have mentioned Montana Sky which is a book Nora readers always rave about. I definitely recommend you check out the movie based on this novel if you get a chance as I loved it (though maybe I'm biased as Ben is played by the delicious 'Sex and the City's John Corbett!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home